Friday, April 18, 2008

I don't know. . .




I don't know if anyone even looks at this blog any longer. It has been so long since I last posted (3/12) and even longer since it was anything semi-personal. I have come to the end of my first week of training, and have to say I am a better man for having completed it. The entire week I would tell anyone who was willing to listen that they need to take advantage of the opportunity they have here. I am lucky enough to have left this wonderful opportunity before; still work in the industry; then realize I had the best place to work right from the start. On top of that I was allowed (with some help and persuasion) to return.

All of that leads me to the greatest thing I learned this week.

What a blessing it is to have the lives we do, and the family and friends around to support us. It truly is wonderful to have a Heavenly Father who planned for us to come to earth, learn, grow and eventually return to be with him. Unlike my departure after my first attempt this life is our chance to prove ourselves. . . to improve ourselves. I don't claim to be perfect, in fact I am far from it. Probably even average, but because of the amazing family I was raised with, and the even more wonderful parents I had raising me I have a great hope that I can improve myself. I have hope that when I make mistakes no matter how big or small I can get back up and be a better person than I was before. What a wonderful thing it is to be growing and learning. I hope each of is wise enough to see them and capable enough to seize the opportunities of our lifetime in the lifetime of the opportunity.

10 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

Scottie, what a nice post! You look great in that picture. I am super glad that you are able to go back to Jones and hope it treats you well. What nice things you said about family and mom and dad....you are right, what a blessing it is to have a great support group! love ya!

Brigg and Dianne said...

Congrats on the new job! I hope you make lots of money! :)
I check the blog often, just to let you know, and I enjoy reading it every time.

The Gibbens said...

Great post! of course we still check the blog- there's always a spec of hope for an entry such as this. I'm glad you got to give Jones another go- you'll be awesome brother! I hope you can feel the support of all of us miles and miles away- we love you.

brett and carly said...

Amen to your post. I am so happy for you to be going back to Jones, too. I think you'll do great. Thanks for the food for thought.... I really enjoyed. :)

Kristen said...

I totally read the blog still. I was getting a little sick of Will Ferrel so thanks for the update. =)

Brian Peterson said...

Good luck with it. I am sure you will do well, but you will definitely have to pay your dues.

Terri said...

Ha! I do still look at this. I think you're going to really do it this time. I know you can--and more importantly I know you will.

Chambo's said...

Seriously.... whats a girl gotta do to be listed as one of your friends... I know we are small and pretty insignificant and we are trying to " BE COOL" but seriously.. "Oooh I'm the slades"

SladeMomma said...

I just found you via a link on your mom's blog. Now I'll read regularly. I have enjoyed your sisters' blogs, being able to keep up with them and theirs over time and distance.

What sort of training/new job are you doing?

The Gibbens said...

okay- so it's now confirmed by the comments that people check your blog- I've checked it 432 times and it's remained unchanged... any plans to update in the near future?
love you!