Sunday, July 6, 2008

Long post no time...


I finally started riding again. It was fun while it lasted. I say that because I tuned the bike up myself and I'm quite out of practice when it comes to bike maintainence. There was some ghost shifting (deraileurs moving without me telling them to and shifting gears), a flat tire, and eventually (not sure where it happened) a broken spoke. All in all though I had a really good time. If anyone knows a good shop, and could recommend a location for a tuneup/ spoke replacement I'm open to suggestions. I should also not that the bike is actually vertical in our storage closet, and although it looks cluttered that is actually quite organized.

Britt was awesome and even though I'm not a father she got me a wall mount for father's day. It looks sweet!!!











The stick bug tried to bum a ride to work one morning... not too smart. It lasted from our apartment until I got on the freeway onramp. Then it realized that It didn't want to ride all the way to Litchfield Park.











The empty box was delivered to my office one day. I was making calls and in walks the UPS man (pretty normal) with a box. I think to myself I'm not expecting anything so I get excited to open it. Lo and behold it is an empty padded box.






The smoke picture was taken when I was up meeting with some clients in Estrella Mountain Ranch. There was a fire in Laveen AZ that looked huge from my office (about 20 miles away) but got even bigger as I was in EMR (about 8-12 miles away).

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

J said...

I just started riding again this year too. We had to wait until it was hot enough I guess. Give me a call if you want to ride together.

Oh, and cool box.

The Gibbens said...

Glad to see a post! Sorry to hear about your bike- and I think you are choosing to see the box as empty, when you could choose to see it as the gift of foam... a small padded room of sorts... could be useful...

Kristen said...

Hey Scott...Global Bikes by Gecko Grill is pretty good, also Scott really likes Focus Cyclery by the Wallace Theater. Both good places, I think a tune up at Global is like $29ish, or less. =)

Brigg and Dianne said...

Still alive, I see. Good post, too. More bugs, empty boxes, and smoke next time.

Terri said...

So maybe the padded box was a hint for you... you know like a padded cell. : )