Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Sunday

I just finished preparing our primary lesson. We were recently moved from the 6-7 year olds to the 9-10 year olds. Which means we now teach from the scriptures exclusively instead of just helping the kids know that Jesus loves them, then having them draw a picture. More work, more kids to teach.

Folks keep asking about Britt and the baby. Both are doing well, although Brittany keeps being sick. I can't even fathom how difficult it is for her to throw up at least once every day. It wears on me, simply because I want to be able to do more to help her feel better, but can't. Even with the sickness the baby is doing well. The doctor said things look fine so that is good news. We don't know what we are having yet, and the soonest we can find out is mid September.

Work for me is well. I am still loving what I do, and learning more everyday to put the things I cannot control into the Lord's hands. It isn't always easy because I think a lot and try plan for just about everything. Business is good, and I love the opportunity to be helping people on a daily basis.

When you get a chance please go vote on this. It was sent to me in an e-mail and I was surprised just how close it is. It is amazing to me that people forget how this country was founded. Many of our founding fathers felt that there was a higher power working for them, and helping the cause of freedom move forward. They put their trust in God and now some in our confused nation want to remove God entirely. Just mind boggling. So please go to MSNBC and vote, share with others and have them vote too.

7 comments:

SladeMomma said...

Thanks for the voting information. I hadn't been aware of it, so now I've voted. I agree with your sentiments. Thanks again. I'll pass it on.

brett and carly said...

Quality posts as of late... well done! I love hearing all about things and am so happy for you guys. :) And thank you so much for forwarding on the voting thing.

slades said...

great to see a new blog entry. It helps us keep up. love ya

Travis and Marie said...

good post pelah...glad the baby is well...so sorry that brittany is so sick. at least you know it's temporary even if it does last the whole 9 months-which I hope it doesn't!

The Gibbens said...

Hey! Nice post- was glad to chat at you on the phone the other day- glad things are going well for you. Sorry Brit is sick- I hope it doesn't last the whole 9 mos... ugh! Pregnancy is tough- I'm ready to be done- you start to want your normal body back without the sicks, aches, and pains (and lack of bladder space!)...

Positively Creative! said...

Hey!...it's the Patino's. I am so sad to leave my primary kids, but happy to know they got some great teachers!! I feel for Britt, I am sick for at least the first 5 months of my pregnancies...don't ask me why I have 5 kids though!!heehee check out our family blog..see you guys soon, hope you start to feel better Brittany!

Jake and Lynn said...

glad to hear everything is going well... tell brittany we're thinking about her. Can't wait to find out what you guys are having!!