Saturday, November 1, 2008

Thoughts on the Election

I am not too fond of either of them candidates in this election. I don't think either of them have the ability to effectively lead our country in the coming years, and more specifically out of the current financial predicament. If you have not voted please read this. If you have voted, I hope you voted your concience and with as much education as possible. There are far to many important issues to vote blindly.

If you are on the fence please consider this. The next president will likely choose at least one new Supreme Court Justice, which will influence things like same sex marriage, and abortion. The latter of the two points did not used to be such a strong subject with me. However, when Brittany was only 10 weeks pregnant with our unborn son we had the opportunity to hear his heartbeat and clearly see his body. Please wherever you stand, consider the implications BOTH ways.

Our Son at 10 weeks




McCain and Obama on abortion

2 comments:

rachel lee said...

Scott, I had no clue you lost the baby. My condolences. I hope you and Brittany are doing well...

TheSlades said...

If anyone saw Rachel's comment please disregard it. Our little boy is still growing just fine inside the lovely Misses Slade.