Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Good News! ! ! kinda





Guess what? It was not a spider bite. The doctor thinks it is a staph infection. So I got a shot in the hip, and I have to take two different anti-biotics until Monday; which is when the culture (sample of the leaky stuff) should be back from the lab.

When I was told it was a staph infection (cellulitus more specifically), I didn't think it was that serious. Apparently I was wrong. I was told by a few different people that if I had let it go untreated I my leg would have had to be amputated! Are you kidding me? Well I am grateful beyond words for Brittany, who told me I had to go see the doctor. The ladies at the doctors office told me I owe her a nice dinner for taking such good care of me. Britt is pretty good to me. I am the luckiest to have her.

Well enjoy the pictures; some of which are kinda grody. Also the black line is the outline of where the infection has spread so far. If it gets worse then I get to worry.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Travis and Marie said...

that is really gross looking. I am very glad you went to the doctor.

Jake and Lynn said...

way to save my brother's life Brittany...we owe you one! :)seriously though we're glad you're okay...

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

i like the black outline.