Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Spider Bite

I think I am a worrier, but I have always felt that I would be better of safe than sorry. I was bitten by something recently, and it has been getting significantly more painful ever since.

I took the liberty of hilighting the stuff I have been feeling, and I tried to get a picture but I only have my phone, and it does not do justice.



The bite of a brown recluse spider leads to a mild stinging, followed by local redness and severe pain that usually develops within eight hours but may occur later. Some reports of brown recluse bites describe a blue or purple area around the bite, surrounded by a whitish ring and large red outer ring in a "bull’s eye" pattern. A fluid-filled blister forms at the site and then sloughs off to reveal a deep ulcer that may turn black.
Generalized symptoms of bites from a brown recluse spider may include fever, nausea, vomiting, headache, abdominal pain, joint pain or stiffness, overall feelings of malaise, rash, and muscle cramping or tension.

2 comments:

TheSlades said...

Just an update from the drama king. I am playing with the bite (Britt would strongly advise against that), and the area around the center (1 inch and change) is rock hard. And it hurts to bend my leg indian style.

Travis and Marie said...

that is seriously disgusting. I hope the doc can fix it.